What we hold valuable about Pieter:
- Hosting a mix of movement practices that are experimental and inclusive
- Advocacy for dance and dancer people
- Offering a holistic space of healing and support
- Anti-capitalist/non-monetary values
- Open communication with the community
Questions as we move forward:
- What are new platforms we can use to enhance our virtual programming/presence?
- How do we make newcomers (those who do not have a history with our physical space) welcome in the virtual space? What is the role Deep Pieter serves in this?
- How can we collectively envision performance making and witnessing online?
- What does it mean for Pieter to support Black Lives Matter?
Ideas for the short term:
- Free boutique alternatives like a non-monetary swap-meet and community garden
- Participating in a mutual aid network
- Rotating program curation
- Non-dance events such as discussions, lectures, and viewing parties
- ASL and closed captioning for events
Visions of our future home:
- A BIG studio, accessible to all bodies, with lots of light
- A residential space to host visiting artists
- A kitchen with a big table for meals
- Kid-friendly spaces
- A large outdoor space with a garden
- A library and places to take naps
- A shower/bathtub/sauna